No icon


Restitution of Conjugal Rights

Section.22 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954, Section.9 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and Section.32 of the Indian Divorce Act, 1869 defines Restitution of Conjugal Rights as follows:

When either the husband or the wife, has without reasonable cause, withdrawn from the society of the other, the wife or husband may apply, by petition to the District Court for restitution of conjugal rights, and the court on being satisfied of the truth of the statements made in such petition, and that there is no legal ground why the application should not be granted, may decree restitution of conjugal rights accordingly.

The Muslim spouse can file a suit for the remedy.

Comment As:

Comment (0)