The corporate world is beginning to invest more in anger management
When the cabin gets stormy
"Anger is a brief madness".
Anger makes you less effective at what you are good at. Anger can be a strange tool, if wielded properly. There is a place for anger and the challenge lies in knowing where that is. Even in its rightful place, the expression of anger should be graceful and come across only as assertiveness.
With practice, professionals can check themselves when they are on the verge of an outburst and turn it imaginatively into act of assertion, where they have stated their point of view, firmly but gracefully.
Reflect on it
"We all boil at different degrees".
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reflecting over the anger building up in oneself, in the light of keeping the 6 honest serving men - (who, what, why, when, where and how), these 6 honest serving soldiers mentioned by
Rudyard Kipling will defuse it. Anger management is one of the vital elements of "cognitive behavioural therapy" (CBT), which enables people deal with emotions, stress, depression and social problems. CBT is rapidly growing and is considered to be an intervention tool in the corporate business setting.
"Everyone can become angry, but to become angry at the right time, for the right reason, against the right person is difficult."
So, how to get rid of anger or at least reduce it? It's good to know the triggers of the anger and analyse over it.
Anger - Fact File
* Anger has that peculiar quality of isolation, like sorrow, it cuts one off, and for the time being, at least, all relationship comes to an end
* The anger of disappointment, of jealousy, of the urge to wound, gives a violent release whose pleasure is self-justification
* Simple anger: a sudden flare-up which is quickly forgotten, is one thing
* Deviant anger: that is deliberately built up, that has been brewed and that seeks to hurt and destroy
* Displacement of anger: the most harmful, as this is about venting one's anger at those other than the ones responsible